Find a roofer in Rochelle, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Rochelle, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Rochelle, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.