Find a roofer in Robbins, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Robbins, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Robbins
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which season should I schedule roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Robbins, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Robbins, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.