Find a roofer in Roanoke, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the standard cost charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the approximate rate for repairing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is a good time for roofing projects?
No matter what season it is, you can call a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Roanoke, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Roanoke, Illinois. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.