Find a roofer in Riverton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is inspecting my roof necessary?
Most roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How much will a roofing professional charge for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What sort of prices are related to repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
During which season should I book services with a roofing contractor?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a roofer.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Riverton, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Riverton, IL. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.