Find a roofer in Riverton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Riverton, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Riverton, IL. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.