Find a roofer in River Forest, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near River Forest, IllinoisHome // Illinois // River Forest
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near River Forest, Illinois
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in River Forest, Illinois. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.