Find a roofer in Reddick, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
What is the appropriate occasion to book a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the standard cost charged by roofing contractors for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the expected expenditure for roof repair services?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Reddick, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Reddick, IL. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.