Find a roofer in Putnam, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which point should I think about getting a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofing contractors recommend biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the normal cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the approximate rate for repairing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
When should I book an appointment to get roofing services done?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Putnam, IL
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Putnam, IL, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.