Find a roofer in Princeton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Princeton, Illinois
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Princeton, Illinois, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.