Find a roofer in Posen, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Posen, Illinois. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Posen, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Posen
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Posen, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Posen, Illinois. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.