Find a roofer in Poplar Grove, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Poplar Grove, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Poplar Grove, IL. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.