Find a roofer in Pontiac, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the best time for roofing jobs?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Pontiac, Illinois. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Pontiac, Illinois
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Pontiac, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.