Find a roofer in Pocahontas, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the ideal time to get your roof serviced?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing professional's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Pocahontas, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Pocahontas, IL. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.