Find a roofer in Pittsfield, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which season should I schedule roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary cost per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
When should my roof be evaluated?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Pittsfield, IL
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Pittsfield, IL, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.