Find a roofer in Petersburg, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Petersburg, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Petersburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Petersburg, IL
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Petersburg, IL, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.