Find a roofer in Peoria Heights, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Peoria Heights, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Peoria Heights, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.