Find a roofer in Park Ridge, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Park Ridge
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
Many roofing contractors advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical price charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much does it cost to maintain the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
At which season should I schedule roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a roofer.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Park Ridge, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Park Ridge, Illinois. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Park Ridge, Illinois. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.