Find a roofer in Park Ridge, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Park Ridge, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Park Ridge
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Park Ridge, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Park Ridge, IL. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.