Find a roofer in Palos Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Palos Park
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Palos Park, Illinois. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
Many roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofing contractors for a replacement job?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Palos Park, Illinois
When you need roofing maintenance services in Palos Park, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.