Find a roofer in Palos Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Palos Park, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Palos Park
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Palos Park, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Palos Park, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Palos Park, IL. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.