Find a roofer in Palos Heights, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Palos Heights
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to restore a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Palos Heights, Illinois. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What kind of prices are associated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Palos Heights, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Palos Heights, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Palos Heights, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your home now.