Find a roofer in Palatine, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Palatine, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Palatine
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Palatine, IL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Palatine, IL. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Palatine, IL. Get the roofing services you need for your house today.