Find a roofer in Oswego, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Oswego, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Oswego
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the correct occasion to schedule an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the standard price charged by roofing experts for a replacement project?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When is the ideal time to get your roof serviced?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Oswego, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Oswego, Illinois. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.