Find a roofer in Orion, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Orion, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Orion, IL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.