Find a roofer in Orient, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the cost for repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much do most roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take to restore a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Orient, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Orient, Illinois. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.