Find a roofer in Oneida, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Oneida, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Oneida, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Oneida, Illinois. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.