Find a roofer in Olney, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Olney, IL
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Olney, IL. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Olney, IL. Find the right contractor for your property right away.