Find a roofer in Okawville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Okawville, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Okawville, Illinois, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Okawville, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your property today.