Find a roofer in Oglesby, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the ideal time for a roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
How much do most roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Oglesby, IL. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can approximate the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Oglesby, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Oglesby, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.