Find a roofer in Odell, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Odell, IL
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Odell, IL. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.