Find a roofer in Oakdale, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for building a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
At what point should I consider having a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much does a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I estimate for roof repair expenses?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Oakdale, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Oakdale, IL. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oakdale, IL. Get the roofing services you need for your house today.