Find a roofer in Oak Lawn, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Oak Lawn, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Oak Lawn
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical cost of roof replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the rate for repairing a rooftop?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal price roofing professionals charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical duration to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Oak Lawn, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Oak Lawn, IL. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.