Find a roofer in Oak Brook, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Oak Brook
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How do roofers normally price their services for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
How much should I budget for roof maintenance?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the typical price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take to restore a roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Oak Brook, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Oak Brook, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.