Find a roofer in Oak Brook, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Oak Brook, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Oak Brook
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Oak Brook, IL
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Oak Brook, IL. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.