Find a roofer in O Fallon, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofers normally charge for their services for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much should I estimate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the average price roofing contractors charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in O Fallon, IL. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Services near O Fallon, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in O Fallon, IL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.