Find a roofer in O Fallon, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What season is ideal for a roofing job?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the rate for most roofing contractors per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical duration to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in O Fallon, IL. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which time is best to set up my roof evaluated?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in O Fallon, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in O Fallon, IL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.