Find a roofer in North Aurora, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in North Aurora, Illinois. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near North Aurora, IllinoisHome // Illinois // North Aurora
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near North Aurora, Illinois
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in North Aurora, Illinois. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in North Aurora, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.