Find a roofer in Newton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I get a roof inspection?
Most roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much does a roofing specialist charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the expected price for roof repair services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
At which season should I schedule roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Newton, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Newton, Illinois. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.