Find a roofer in New Lenox, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near New Lenox, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // New Lenox
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofers typically price their services for a replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the price range for repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal rate per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the usual period of time to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in New Lenox, IL. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near New Lenox, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in New Lenox, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in New Lenox, IL. Find the right contractor for your property right away.