Find a roofer in New Boston, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the usual period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in New Boston, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
When should my roof be evaluated?
Most roofing contractors recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
At what cost will a roofing contractor charge for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near New Boston, Illinois
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in New Boston, Illinois, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.