Find a roofer in New Athens, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in New Athens, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in New Athens, Illinois. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in New Athens, Illinois. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.