Find a roofer in Murrayville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Murrayville, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Murrayville, Illinois, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.