Find a roofer in Mount Olive, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical duration for a roof replacement?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Mount Olive, Illinois. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
What is the correct time to request an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the typical price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What costs are associated with repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Mount Olive, Illinois
If you need roofing maintenance services in Mount Olive, Illinois, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.