Find a roofer in Mount Auburn, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How much will a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What are the normal costs affiliated with repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When should I book an appointment to get roofing services done?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Mount Auburn, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Mount Auburn, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.