Find a roofer in Monticello, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Monticello, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Monticello, Illinois. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.