Find a roofer in Monroe Center, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Monroe Center, IL. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Monroe Center, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Monroe Center
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Monroe Center, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Monroe Center, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.