Find a roofer in Momence, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Momence, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Momence
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Momence, Illinois
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Momence, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.