Find a roofer in Moline, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Moline, Illinois. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Moline, Illinois
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Moline, Illinois, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies featured on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Moline, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.