Find a roofer in Milan, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Milan, Illinois. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Milan, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Milan, Illinois, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.