Find a roofer in Melrose Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Melrose Park, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Melrose Park
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Melrose Park, Illinois
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Melrose Park, Illinois. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Melrose Park, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your property now.